Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Trivial Pursuit

Saturday, May 16, 2009 By

AUGUSTA, GA. - Half of the fun of Trivial Pursuit - especially a 20-year-old edition - is the fake answers people come up with when they don't know the real ones.

"What U.S. city is named for a British Prime Minister?" Amy and Jim asked us.

"Blairsville, Ga.," I laughed. The real answer is Pittsburgh.

"What did Ted Kennedy wear around his neck at the funeral of (that girl who was killed in the car accident)?" I asked them.

"An albatross," Jim chuckled. The real answer is a neck brace.

Oddly enough, that albatross came up three times in the game.

"What Samuel Cooleridge poem featured an albatross?" I asked them, rolling my eyes. Why not ask the name of the play that featured the characters of Romeo + Juliet?

"Rime of the Ancient Mariner," Amy answered, easily.

And then I got a question: "What is the largest web-footed bird in the world?" After eliminating emus and ostriches, and pondering geese (which, in my limited experience, can grow large as a VW), I guessed the Emperor Penguin. It was as good a guess as any. But the answer: the albatross!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments :

Post a Comment