Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, May 25, 2009

How Children Think

Monday, May 25, 2009 By

I'm laying on the bed, eating some pasta, watching a "Law + Order" marathon, and working my way to the top of Mt. Washmore. Emmie comes in and climbs on my legs, which are hanging off the bed. My knees DO NOT bend that way.

"No, honey," I say. She keeps climbing. "No, honey."

"Why?"

"Because you're hurting my knees."

She keeps climbing.

"I said 'no,' Emerson... Young lady, I said NO."

"Why?"

"I just told you it was hurting me."

"But you da mommy."

"But I'm not invincible."

She freezes and looks hard at me.

"Wuss bincible?" She asks.

"It means nothing can hurt me."

"Yeah!" She squeals happily. "Cause you da mommy!"

(Sigh)


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments :

Post a Comment