Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

((Whine))

Emmie's grandparents are taking her to Alabama over the weekend. She'll be gone for FOUR DAYS...

What am I going to do?

Part of me says: "What are you going to do?! Fool! You're going to sleep, clean, sleep some more, watch zombie movies that start before 9 p.m., possibly go see a movie IN AN ACTUAL THEATRE... or see a band... or GET SOME!"

But that part is small and quiet and has long been subdued by this new part of me that guards my toddler like a rabid lioness. Instead of the voice of my 25-year-old self - free of responsibility and full of the joy of living - I hear the high-pitched hoodle of my mother. The hoodle. Oh, how for years I tried to avoid it. But the downward slope has begun. Now I worry aloud, my voice spiraling up into octaves only dogs can hear. Blurgh. Someone shut me up so I can have a little fun.

I'm already all teary-eyed thinking about being away from her for four days. FOUR DAYS! God! It's been 3 years and 9 months since I've been away from her for that long.

Someone help me.

0 comments :

Post a Comment