Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

We're hosting a donkey show

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 By


AUGUSTA, GA. - Emerson is playing with my new Bluetooth speaker, hauling it from room to room to test its range and just generally being a big goofball with it.

I'm reading at the dining room table when she "sneaks" up (with about as much finesse as a drunken elephant) and sticks the speaker on my beloved donkey dish. "Born This Way" echoes from behind the ceramic animal.

"He can't help it if he's a donkey," she giggles. "He's just born that way."

"Adorable," I mutter. After she tried to stick the speaker to my naked butt earlier, I pretty much lost interest in her experiment.

"HeyMomHeyMomHeyMom," she says.

I can't help but grin. "I'm right here, Doodle. What's up?"

"You see the donkey is singing?" she rocks the lid back and forth. Clang. Clang. Clang.

"Yes, I see that. He's pretty talented for a donkey."

"He's such a good singer, he could perform a mulesical," she giggles, then doubles over, laughing. I blink. Oh. My. God.

"Get it?!" she shrieks. "A MULE-sical!"

Donkey was not amused.
Donkey is judging your humor.




0 comments :

Post a Comment