Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, May 06, 2011

Full moon at the lake

Emmie and I spent a day at Mistletoe State Park with a friend and her two children. The moms swam a little, but we spent most of the day chatting and laughing.

We were braving the water again before we left when I saw something. Her bathing suit - which she had joked about being the oldest she owns - had turned sheer in the back.


Hey, I'm no stranger to showing my behind to complete strangers. And I doubt anyone else noticed. But I had to tell her, because it was sheer all the way down the back, from neck to... well, you know.

She beat a hasty retreat back to the beach chairs and her cover-up.

"It's not as bad as it could be," I assured her. "There's a seam that covers up most of what you'd want to hide."

But smart friends are not easily fooled.

"Are you kidding me?" she laughed. "That's like saying there's a tightrope across the grand canyon."

Look on the bright side: It's an excuse to go shopping! ...for bathing suits. Ugh.

0 comments :

Post a Comment