Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The Quickest Way to a Co-Workers' Heart

I brought Krispie Kreme doughnuts to the office today, and everyone was engrossed in their meetings when I came in.

"Doughnuts!" I sang, and put the two dozen on the middle console.

No one moved. The sales department was pulling contacts and buzzing around the next deadline. Edit was talking about feedback from the new issue. Graphics was having a meeting in the conference room.

Are you kidding me? This is an office that practically mowed down a 9-year-old selling candy bars yesterday - and while I love me some dark almond, I have to say that, in all honesty, they aren't really the "world's finest."

I picked up the phone and dialed the intercom.

"We have doughnuts. I repeat: We. Have. Doughnuts."

A door clicked open and the entire graphics team filed out of the conference, sheepish grins on their faces.

"We literally stopped in the middle of a sentence," Dave laughed.

0 comments :

Post a Comment