Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How Quickly Nature's Bounty Turns to Bane

AUGUSTA, GA. - "Yay!" I thought, when we moved into our new house. "Two pecan trees! I love pecans!"

And we unpacked to general merriment.

As we settled down to sleep,  a noise unsettled us.

"Did you hear that weird noise?" Scott asked. "Like footsteps?"

"Uh, yeah..."

"Squirrels?"

"Damn big ones!" And we laughed and drifted off.

Turns out it was pecans falling from the trees onto the roof, and bouncing down. But knowing that doesn't keep my heart from stopping every time it happens.

"Crap!" I thought, as I got out of my car in the rain today and lost my footing when something rolled under my pumps. "Two pecans trees?! I hate pecans!"

0 comments :

Post a Comment