Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

When You See a Guy Reach for Stars in the Sky You Can Bet That Doug Joiner is Over in the Corner Vomiting His Guts Out

"Hey, Stacey, this is Doug Joiner."
"Hey, Doug! How are you?!"

Doug is a drama professor at Augusta State University, and an all-around funny, smart, nice guy. I like him. Drama is his number one love in life... that is, unless it's a production by Disney, Rogers & Hammerstein or Andrew Lloyd Webber. We're doing a story on his theatre, Le Chat Noir, and its impact on the local theater scene. He's calling to get in touch with the writer.

"Hey, you know, she's in 'Cabaret' at the Fort Gordon Dinner Theater right now, and she just got back from a tour of China in 'Guys & Dolls," I offer.
"I hate musical theater," he snarls.
"I KNOW that," I laugh.
"I KNEW he'd say something about that," Alice said, from her desk behind me. She didn't even have to hear what he said. If you've had Doug for one class, which she has, you know his feelings on the matter: the white-hot fury of 1,000 suns.
"My point is that she has a lot of theater experience and it might be beneficial for your company," I laugh, right in his face. Or... ear. Whatevs.
"Well, and 'Cabaret' is one of the few that I like," he concedes.
"See?"

0 comments :

Post a Comment