Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sources Tell WGAC Nothing

Scott crawls into bed last night as I turn off the TV.
"Did you see the story on WRDW about Mike Guthrie?" I asked.
"No. What story?"
"Uh, the one about him being in jail?"
"What?"
Okay, Scott, let me remind you, is the investigative reporter for the highest rated radio station in the area. With less than one year on the job, he won an Associated Press award.
"About the fight on New Year's Eve?"
"What fight?"
I explain the situation to him. The owner of the bar beat down another guy pretty bad. Might have been provoked, according to one camp; might have been unprovoked, according to another. Doesn't matter, in my opinion. You don't break every bone in a guy's face, rendering him unable to talk or to eat solid foods, and not pay a price for it. As such, he's been charged with felony assault. Or battery. Anyway, it's a felony. And he was not to be found for a few days, which doesn't help his case.
"How did I not know about this?" Scott asks, honestly surprised.
"I dunno."
"I'd better call about it tomorrow."

This morning I called to check in with him about family stuff.
"I followed up on the Mike Guthrie story," he said, with that hint of excitement in his voice that he gets when a story is - with respect to the victims in this case - juicy. "He's in big trouble."
"Yeah, no shit, honey. You're just a few days late on this one."

Intrepid Reporter Scott Hudson... only a week late.

1 comments :

  1. apparently there's still blood on the sidewalk near Metro from this...

    ReplyDelete