Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Talking Head

AUGUSTA, GA. - Emerson and I were at my mother-in-law's last night, and my brother-in-law, Chris, came over with his lovely wife.

"Someone called in on the radio this morning and said, 'We ought to get this young man Scott Hudson to run for Congress,'" Chris said. I was horrified. Politicians wives have to shower and brush their hair and wear makeup. And exercise. I felt faint.

"I thought about calling in and saying, 'I'm his brother. Don't vote for that fool,'" he laughed.

I laughed, too. I know Scott's aspirations include some sort of office-holding, but Congress wasn't what I had in mind. I was thinking more along the lines of dog catcher. Isn't there a senior class somewhere that needs a president?

My mother-in-law of course was delighted.

"What office do you think he should run for, Stacey?" she cooed.

"How 'bout the office of learning how to flush the dang toilet?"

--------------------------------------------------------------
And what is that about anyway? Do you think I need to see what it is that you last accomplished in the bathroom? I mean, face it, I can usually smell it. Visual cues are redundant.

1 comments :