Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, January 14, 2011

Sounds like... ?

Friday, January 14, 2011 By

Emmie and I are working on her homework. She just has to read her sight words to me, but I always make her do a little more.

"Can you tell me what each word means, Doodle?" I ask.

"Yeth! Dis is 'liddle,' like when you're a liddle kid, an' not a grown-up. You're smaller. An' dis is 'hat,' like a clothes fing dat you wear on your head," she explains.

"Very good! Now this one is tricky to explain. Can you tell me what it means?"

"Oh, dat's easy squeasy," she says. "Dat's da word 'are.' An' it means like when you're captain of a pirate ship, and you say 'ARE MATIES!"

When I finished laughing, I decided it was a good time to start on homonyms.

0 comments :

Post a Comment