Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Birthday brouhaha

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 By

Emmie's birthday is coming up. She's turning 6, despite the fact that I long ago banned her from getting any older than 4.

Her theme is Pirates & Princesses - which is the same theme she chose for her third birthday. And last year's birthday. And somehow she never remembers.

I needed invitations for her ballet class, and I stopped by a drugstore during lunch on the day I needed them. Nothing. So I called Scott and he went by the store for me. Sweet of him.

At the school, I opened the bag of invitations to fill them out during her class. I found three packages of invitations, none alike, none along the theme.

The first: Powerpuff Girls. Well, okay; I'm down with that.
The second: ... Clown trains? I'm still trying to figure out that one.

The third was a beautiful pink ballgown with a bit of tulle on it. How pretty and perfect for little ballerinas, I thought, and opened it to fill in the blanks. "You're invited to a bridal shower!" it said. Sigh...

I swear that men screw up little tasks like this just so we won't ask them to do them anymore. News flash, honey: I'm not giving in that easily!

2 comments :

  1. They do indeed! And Pirates & Princesses is an awesome theme - please let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my family we call that sort of male mishap "pulling a Cosby" after the Chocolate Cake breakfast bit in his HBO special ( I think the first one). If it wasn't totally true it wouldn't be half as funny, but it's a drag when you're in the middle of it!

    ReplyDelete