Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, November 01, 2010

They grow up so fast...

Monday, November 01, 2010 By

We're walking back from a meeting when a co-worker asks me about Emmie.

"She's doing great, thanks."

"And how is kindergarten? Is she enjoying it?"

"Most days. We just got her report card, and she got all Meets Expectations... the problem is that I know she's exceeding expectations in a lot of areas, so I worry about their metrics."

"Ah..."

Yes, I'm a helicopter parent. But I'm a really, really nice one, I promise!

"How is she doing with making friends?"

"She seems to be doing well. She has a little boyfriend, and apparently he proposed. So she's going to marry Trenae sometime soon, because 'he's so cute.' We're all invited."

"Oh, well, congratulations."

"Thanks. We're very proud."

0 comments :

Post a Comment