Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, November 19, 2010

We'll start saving for tutors immediately

Friday, November 19, 2010 By

We're settling a vehicle seating dispute. There are two car seats that are exactly the same, but one is preferred over the other. It is "the big kid" seat, according to Emerson and Zequan.

"Okay, I'm thinking of a number between one and ten. What is it?" I ask.

"One," Emmie says.
"Ten," Zequan says.

It's five. Crap.

"No one is closer," I say, which would give lots of kids a hint. "Try again."

"Ten," Emmie says.
"One," Zequan says.

Really, guys?

"No, no, new numbers between one and ten," I say, my voice shaking with laughter.

"Twelve," Emmie says.
"Twenny," Zequan says.

"Guys! Between ONE and TEN," I say."

"Twenny one THOUSAND!" Emmie challenges.

"A BILLION thousand!" Zequan counters.

Emmie sighs: "Okay, you win, Zequan."

"Yes!" he celebrates.

(facepalm)

0 comments :

Post a Comment