Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, November 26, 2007

Gobbled Up

So this was my first Thanksgiving cooking dinner for guests. It was just Scott's grandparents, who would have praised a turkey sculpted from clay, but we wanted it to be a nice evening for them. They are such awesome people.

So we started prepping on Monday, cooking on Tuesday, brining the turkey on Wednesday and roasting on Thursday. It was a lot of work for really just a few dishes, and a meal where the actual eating time probably took 40 minutes. I was so terrified that I would set the house on fire. I mean, once I exploded a glass baking pan full of stroganoff. It blew open the oven door, and splattered the creamy mixture all over the place - on the ceiling, behind the back door... we've never figured out what happened. But knowing me, if something like that was going to happen again, it would be when it meant the most to me. And after days of careful preparation, portioning, measuring and cooking...

Nothing happened.
Everything was awesome.
Really!
Even the leftovers rocked.

Here's hoping all of your holidays were merry and bright!

1 comments :

  1. Had BIG plans for fondue at my house on Thanksgiving. It was cool... chicken, shrimp, beef, veggies.... easy, quick cleanup and off to take a nap.

    Of course, I didn't consider that there are no leftovers with fondue. When you get hungry, you've got to cook... again.

    At about 6pm, i had a SERIOUS attitude. hey, u never miss leftovers until you don't have any.

    kgordon

    *lesson learned: a Thanksgiving feast is JUST as important the second time around.

    ReplyDelete