Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Frickin' Hippies

I lurves me some New Moon Cafe, like really a lot. But I didn't know they had breakfast sandwiches. I stopped this morning to grab me some of that. BUY LOCAL, PEOPLE! McDonald's doesn't need anymore help!

These are about the nicest people I've ever seen in a restaurant at 7:30 a.m. Cheerful. Pleasant. Happy to see me. Happy to be at work. Just super great attitudes all around. I didn't catch the Bearded Wonder's name, but I think I want to marry him. (Sorry, Scott, but you have to admit you're kind of grumpy in the mornings - except you were pretty great this morning. Hmmm... Premonition? I don't know. Anyhoodle...)

But why does it take so long to get food in this town? I mean, I know we're not going anywhere, really, but eventually I should get to work. Like, 15 minutes later, I get my bacon-egg-and-cheese.

Same thing happened at Mellow Mushroom today. Took them 10 minutes to take my order over the phone, then another 10 while they got the manager to run the credit card, then they told me it would be 30 minutes before our sandwiches and salads were ready, then I went there and waited another 30 minutes and for Jeebus sake, people! Just toss my salad already!

Wait...
No.

1 comments :