Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Brains... need brains...!

I've been sick and a little loopy as a result. When Scott got up this morning I had a chance to run out to the car to get my decongestant without Emmie screeching, "No go work, Mama! I come too!"

So I stumble outside (bright light! bright light!) and push the button to unlock the car. Nothing. I stop and frown in confusion and consternation. I push the button again. Nothing. I move to unlock the car manually, and the key doesn't fit. Suddenly I realize: I'm holding the television remote control in my hand!

Cackling and looking around to see if any of our neighbors have seen my stupidity, I sprint back inside.

"Hey, honey," I call when I open the door," oddly enough, this won't unlock the car door."
Scott doesn't even blink: "I'll check the batteries."

0 comments :

Post a Comment