Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Saturday, July 19, 2003

Stupid Exchange of the Day

Since my car is broken, I've been bumming rides back and forth to work. While my boyfriend is striving to win the Boyfriend of the Millenium award, he can't always be - nor should he always have to be - there for me. But a cab ride from work to home is $20, and, frankly, waitresses don't make that much. I ain't sportin' no bling-bling, know what I'm sayin'? Besides, all my money should go towards car repairs.

So I tried to bum a ride at one of the places I've been working from a girl who was going to a store in the same strip mall as my other job. I normally wouldn't ask, but I've given so many rides to people over the years that I figure someone will return the favor. I am wrong.

Me, to server (who-just-turned-18): Hey, since you're leaving anyway, do you think I could bum a ride?
Server (and-this-is-her-first-job): Well, why don't you have a car?
Me: I do. It's in the shop. I'll be happy to pay you gas money.
Server (and-her-only-bill-is-her-cellphone): Well, why can't your parents come get you?
Me (suddenly realizing to whom I am speaking): Because they live in Atlanta. You know what? Nevermind. I'll figure something out. (muttering): Anything else.
Server: Okay! Well, if you need anything, just let me know.
(???!!!)

0 comments :

Post a Comment