Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

In which I finally win an argument

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 By


AUGUSTA, GA. - I had a whole argument with my cat this morning. It was ridiculous. I woke up to a weird scraping sound, only to find her chewing on the brass statue of Ganesha that sits on my nightstand.

"[groan] Sweetiebelle, cut it out. That's metal. You'll break your teeth."

...."Meow."

"I don't care. I've asked you to stop it."

... "Meow."

"Don't be dramatic. It's 4 a.m. It's too early for breakfast."

..."Meow."

"No."

... "Meow."

"No."

.... "Meow."

"Ugh! NO."

She crept over and bunted my hand repeatedly. I scratched her head and cheeks for a minute or two, then closed my eyes again and turned over.

"...Meow."

"[siiiiiigggghhhh] It's not time to get up."

"...Meow."

"YOU get up. I have two more hours to sleep."

"...Meow."

"GO AWAY."

At which point she cuddled up to my butt and purred for two hours.

I got no more sleep. But I won the argument.

That I had with my cat.



0 comments :

Post a Comment