Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, August 18, 2014

Life Pro-Tip: How to fix broken makeup

Monday, August 18, 2014 By

I stole this image from http://smallnotebook.org. Because I no haz photography skillz.

AUGUSTA, GA - One of the benefits to not wearing a lot of makeup is that the products I buy last longer. It also means that I have a better-than-average chance of losing or breaking it.

A while back, my sister kindly gifted me with some wonderful organic makeup. And it took me about two months to drop my compact and break the powder. Sigh. I have stored it in a ziploc bag in my bathroom cabinet since then. Too attached to ditch it.

That was more than a year ago.




But, apparently, I could have fixed this a long time ago with a pretty simple solution:

All you do is gather the scattered remnants of your powdery makeup - whatever it is, eyeshadow, powder, blush, etc. - and put it back in the container. Then you take rubbing alcohol and drip it evenly over the mess, until just saturated. Use your finger, a spoon, or something similar, to smooth it out. It should dry in a couple of hours, good as new. Read more detailed instructions here.



0 comments :

Post a Comment