Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, August 25, 2014

If you have to tell people you're smart... you might not be

Monday, August 25, 2014 By


AUGUSTA, GA. - It's 2:30 p.m. on a day that the office hosted a potluck, and you know what that time is. That time is Cake Time.

"Cake, cake, cake, cake, cakey-cakey, cake, cake," I sang to myself as I walked down the hall to the office kitchen. Yes, I really did. It was peach pound cake, with sliced fresh peaches, fully deserving of impromptu singing.



I plated it up and chatted with the admin for a minute before walking back to my office. Ooops. Door's locked.


I walked back down the hall to the office manager.

"Hey, Tammie, you're aware that I have a college degree and stuff, right?" I asked, through a very educated mouthful of cake.

"Yyyyeeeesss?" she cocked her head at me.

"Because I just locked myself out of my office, and I don't want you to think I'm a total idiot," I grinned.

"Well, don't beat yourself up too much," she said. "PhDs and EdDs come in here to tell me the same thing."




0 comments :

Post a Comment