Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, June 17, 2011

LFMF: A dime-store float may not live up to its name

Friday, June 17, 2011 By

Me: So Allison and I took the girls down to Aquaduct Park to swim. And the spillway from Rae's Creek was RAGING. I'd never seen it like that. And I got the brilliant idea that we should float down it on Emmie's new Spongebob inflatable. As it turns out, that was a very bad idea. We won't be doing that again.

Alice: Yikes!

Me: It wasn't so bad, actually, but it scared both of us.

Alice: I bet!

Me: Then Allison went after Anna Grace, and slipped and fell on the rocks. She says she feels like an old lady today. So, that's about enough of Aqueduct Park for FOREVER.

Alice: LOL! Did you not see the disclaimer: Not to be used as a life-preserving device (or something like that...)?

Me: It was just going to be used as a float! In rapids. With me and a 6-year-old. Who thinks she has magic powers...

Alice: I know!

Me: Alright, not my brightest moment. But I've done waaaayy stupider. So that's a plus.

Alice: Not you!

Me: I know, who would believe that?



0 comments :

Post a Comment