Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

The Fabulous Ms. Emerson

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 By

We moved and it sucked. But told Emerson that part of it was her responsibility. She was to help, without whining. And she did. It must have been a Herculean effort for a 6-year-old. She did have to drag some of her little boxes up the front steps, but she didn't ask for help, and I let her work it out as much as she could on her very own.

We were almost done. While she was dragging the last set of boxes up the front steps, she sighed heavily. I could tell that she was tired, and ready for the move to be done with. I was sporting sore muscles in places I didn't even know I had muscles, so I understood and appreciated how much she had put into the process. I was so proud of her!

"Oh, sweetie-pie, you have been such a helper! Mommy really appreciates your hard work and your excellent behavior. You are just fantastic!"

She heaved her little box up the last step and hardly glanced back at me: "Yup. 'Funtassic' is my name!"

I had to put down my box until I stopped laughing.

0 comments :

Post a Comment