Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, October 25, 2010

Where's the video that shows how my marbles disappear?

Monday, October 25, 2010 By

Emmie and I look up videos online whenever she has questions about something and I can't explain it very well. Like while I was in the hospital, and tried to explain to her what was going on with my body, I finally had to resort to looking up photos of spinal taps and MRIs online - but not videos. First, I don't want her to mimic them while "playing doctor," and second, I am showing her these things to make her feel better, not to freak her out more.

So she's gotten into the habit of asking for them when she has a question. Of course, sometimes I have questions about her questions...

"Mom, can we look for a biddeo on grabbiddy? I wanna know if iss a big ibbissible hand dat grabs you so you don't fly off da erff."

"Um... do you mean 'gravity?'"

"YETH!!!"

And she's really into videos about how the body functions, but I have to be careful about the search terms I use. Not all videos are PG. Yeesh.

"Mama? Can we look up how da heart mates da blood go froo da body?"

"Sure."

"An' den can we go to da dahtor so I can lithen to my heart beep?"

"You mean 'beat?'"

"Das wut I said, 'beep!'"

She also likes to look at animals and pranks. But today she wanted something more mundane. She asked a question without answer.

"Mama? Can we watch a biddeo on how da shoelaces come untied when I'm not looking? Cause ebbrytime I tie dem, later, I look down, and dey come untied!"


0 comments :

Post a Comment