Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Overheard while shopping

Sunday, September 26, 2010 By

Emmie and I are in a store looking for clothes when I overhear a mother and her tween-age son.

"Will you stop it?" she hisses. "Jesus."

He is dancing around like tweens do, mimicking something he saw on youtube or something, and humming a club tune. I grin. I remember the times I spent with one eye always looking out for a way to embarrass or annoy my mother... oh, fine, I still do it.

Tween grins and continues, then pulls his mom into a dance. She stands there awkwardly, mouth pursed, while he does a couple of moves. He is obviously getting on her last nerve.

"Cut. it. out," she commands.

He spreads his arms wide and continues dancing. And then he makes his mistake: he reveals the song in his head.

"I can't be taaaammed! I can't be taaamed!" he sings.

Mom has had it. She grabs him by the ear in a move I haven't seen since I watched "A Christmas Story" a year ago. All dancing ceases.

"You can't be tamed? We'll just see about that," she mutters, and drags him away.

Hee. Go, mom!

0 comments :

Post a Comment