Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, June 11, 2010

Pray that you don't get hooked!

Friday, June 11, 2010 By

Augusta, GA. - One of the things I love about living on the South side - besides the inevitable "SouthSIDE" people like to holler (seriously, that never gets old), and the fact that we have our own theme song - is the entrepreneurial spirit evident everywhere you look.

On Saturdays, it's like a Turkish bazaar! On about every corner, there's someone selling their wares to passing traffic. Some of them - like the purse dealer at the corner of 15th and MLK - have a regular spot with regular clientele.

But some pop up only now and then. One of my favorites is Seed Master's Unlimited, at the corner of Lumpkin and Richmond Hill roads. The owner's name is owner Barbara Chaney. Y'all might have seen her booth on Washington Road during Masters Week.

I don't know her story. But I DO know that she makes the most amazing pralines I've ever put in my mouth. She calls the "praylines." I don't know why, except that I pray she'll be there next week, too. Cause I'm gonna need some more real soon.

Chaney may not know much about spelling, but she sure knows desserts. Y'all stop by and try some. You won't regret it!


0 comments :

Post a Comment