Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Didn't; But I Thought About it.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 By

Scott dropped Emmie by the office at 5 p.m., on his way to cover a meeting of the Augusta Commission. Em was excited to be in a new place, but determined to make continuous noise, rifle through things she shouldn't touch, and generally keep me from getting any further work done that day.

I was trying to smile through her behavior. I am, technically, off work at 5 p.m., and she is only 5 years old. Plus, it only takes 22 muscles to smile, and 37 to frown.

Then I realized that it only takes four muscles to reach out and smack her upside the head. Ahhhh. And it only takes 22 muscles to tell you how that thought made me feel.

0 comments :

Post a Comment