Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Saturday, June 26, 2010

PR Queen from the Start

Saturday, June 26, 2010 By

We’re enjoying dinner at a local hibachi restaurant. Emmie loves this place because of “da ninja chefs.” She’s clearly anticipating the show, but upon my request, she dutifully slurps her bowl of soup. Her eyebrows rise.

“Dis is some good soop,” she says, delightedly.

I’m pleased. I’ve been working on getting her to eat more healthy broths, where I can work in vegetables without her objecting to the texture. I introduced her to my Ramen for Grown-ups recipe a couple of weeks back, and she has asked for it several times. I wonder if she likes the clear broth of this simple chicken, onion and mushroom soup, or the hodgepodge of savory ingredients I add to my Ramen.

“I’m glad you like it,” I say. “Which do you like better: Do you this soup, or the noodle soup Mommy makes?”

She doesn’t hesistate when she answers: “I lite dem bofe da same.”


0 comments :

Post a Comment