Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dunno Where the Smart Mouth Comes From...

AUGUSTA, GA. - A string of red arrows greeted me on Gordon Hwy. No left turns for miles. At a certain time of day the lights are scheduled to change only once every 15 minutes or so, so I drove to a cross street closer to home. Red arrows.

"Where we go-eend?" Emmie asked.
"Home."
"Oh."

At the next cross street, more red arrows. I drove on. And the next. And the next. From Highland to Milledgeville and on to Kissingbower, nothing but red lights. I finally hooked a left into the old Winn-Dixie and cut through the parking lot.

"WHERE are we GO-EEND?!" Emmie demanded.
"Well, I'm going home. Where are you going?"
"Uh!" she squealed in disgust at a question so willfully ignorant. "I not dry-beend!"

0 comments :

Post a Comment