Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, November 14, 2008

Ah! Why Didn't I Listen to Clark Howard?!

So I signed up for a 2-year plan with Suncom with a free phone, 1,000 minutes, free mobile-t0-mobile and whatnot.

Then came T-Mobile. They bought up Suncom with a surprising quickness, changed the rate plans all up and forgot to transfer me onto their network. Texts refused to send. Voice mails disappeared into the air. It became impossible for me to receive a call unless it was from another T-Mobile customers.

And then I went over my minutes, for which they charged me an outrageous amount of money. The irony? A great number of those minutes were spent either on the phone with T-Mobile, or apologizing to people for the number of calls that the network had dropped because they no longer support my telephone model.

Fast forward: For two weeks, my phone has been largely useless except to make or receive calls aimed at other T-Mobile customers, and if I want to have the same number of minutes from another company, it will double my monthly expenditure. There's an unlock/SIM card operation that the T-Mobile store might be able to perform in order to save my contract's life, but it's an experimental procedure not yet recommended by the FCC.

So if anyone out there knows where I can get 1,000 minutes a month for $39.99, I'd love to talk to you. Give me a call. If you can.

1 comments :

  1. I have had the SAME problems with the switchover. I hate T-Mobile.

    ReplyDelete