Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hellmonkey - Year Three Begins

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 By 1 comment

Emerson turned two on Sunday. We started celebrating on Saturday at my mom's house (a.k.a., "Branny" as Emerson calls her) with my nephews Jacob (9 years old) and Jackson (2.5 years old). My sister's birthday is the day after Emerson's - hi, Kelli! Happy Monday Birthday! - and my friend, Penny, celebrates the day after that - hi, Penny! Happy Tuesday Birthday! Anyway, we had a second party at my in-laws' house on Sunday (more cake. Apologies to the dentists of the world), and then a little too-dah at her day care center on Monday. By the time I picked her up at 6 p.m. on Monday, she was running in circles saying, "Emmie buh-day. Moh cake? Cake? Cake? Emmie buh-day!" And she has not stopped since. Clearly, her third birthday will require an undertaking equal to the Academy Awards. We may need to bring in monkeys.

Here she is on day one of the birthday celebration, delicately picking candies off the top of her cake:



















By 6 p.m. the next day, she had degenerated into almost sticking her face right into the ice cream cake her Nona bought her:

That is not a smile of joy. That is mania brought on by a sugar overdose. I thought we were going to have to bring her down with a tranquilizer gun.

Here's one more, but before you view it, prepare yourself. The abundance of cute just might kill you:

She got a lollipop stuck in her hair. Because I am such a good mom, I did not pull it out. I took a picture. Then I took her upstairs and put her whole head under a cold tap. I had no idea how terrifying it would be for her. It was as though I had put her whole head under a volcano.

But, anyway, all better now.

1 comments :

  1. priceless.......especially the lollipop..........

    ReplyDelete