Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Flashback

I am happy that I don't wait tables anymore, even part-time, which I did until I got pregnant. It was good money on the side, to supplement the mediocre wages of the community news industry. But the experience still leaves me chuckling at the absurdity of the behavior that normal people exhibit in restaurants. My only conclusion is that sometimes people want to be difficult. There can be no other explanation.

Me:
And do we have any questions about the menu?
Cretin: What's this? (pointing precisely to the Southwest Chicken)
Me: The Southwest Chicken? Oh, it's delicious. It's a -
Cretin (pointing furiously): No, THIS!
Me: Oh, that's the Chopped Sirloin.
Cretin (rolling her eyes): Yes. What is it?

It's made out of chicken, lady. What do you think it is?

0 comments :

Post a Comment