Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, November 24, 2006

One of the Many Reasons I Married Scott

Friday, November 24, 2006 By , No comments

I ran into my lame-o ex-boyfriend at CVS today. I was picking up a prescription and, of course, I was waiting because even though my doctor called it in two days ago, they had not yet filled it. Sure. Great. Thanks.

So I'm trolling the aisles for stupid pappy crap that I don't need - candy, soda, whatever - when my ex-boyfriend came slinking down the aisle, stupid ponytail still intact. Stupid never-been conditioned ponytail. I mean, I bought him conditioner and he still wouldn't use it.

Anyhoodle... Although taken by surprise, I smiled and said "Hi, [name redacted]!" He didn't even glance in my direction. But he came down the aisle from behind me, so it's not as though he didn't see me. And it's not as though I whispered. He intentionally ignored me. We crossed paths again. I was fuming a bit, but I tried again, thinking that no one could possibly be so... whatever... as to be so ridiculously rude twice. In the same place. In the same day. But guess what? Same response.

(sigh)

I left the store without getting my prescription because it hurt my feelings, and because I was angry. That kind of behavior reeks of the blame game, and we broke up amicably - THREE YEARS AGO. Afterwards, he acted like the jealous little man he is (not a crack on his height; on his personality), and it put some very effective distance between us. But it's been a while, and I only hold grudges for serious offenses, not snarkly e-mails detailing how I'm allowed to behave post-break-up. Not allowed to date for three months? You must be joking. I had a date before I even received that e-mail, fool.

Regardless of the jealousy and childishness (again, not a crack; I have my faults, too, they just don't surface in those situations. But ask my husband about my hair trigger temper), again, I wasn't holding a grudge. But I have since found out that when it comes to confidences, his ability to keep them is conditional. He revealed enough on his usually very entertaining blog to let me know that. I guess his character is as imposing as his stature.

Okay, that last line was a crack.

Anyway, whatever. I don't really understand behavior like that, and when I can't understand something, I tend to obsess about it until I either get bored with it or figure it out.

But somehow I think the time I spend on this one will be short.

0 comments :

Post a Comment