Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Misunderstood nursery stories

Thursday, June 05, 2014 By


Emerson was tormenting me with knowledge from her book about bugs.

I hate bugs.

"Mom! Did you know that bedbugs are for real? I thought they were just a myth to get kids to go to sleep!"

"Holy... (guffaw)  I thought the same thing! I didn't even realize bedbugs existed in the real world until about 10 years ago!" I laughed.

"Really?!"

"Yes! And now I wonder, 'What other things are real that I didn't know about?' Like, narwhals. I really didn't know they were real until about two years ago. Because they look like unicorn dolphins, and that just sounded crazy to me," I explained.

She laughed. "Yeah, what else is real that we never knowed about?"

"I don't know.... maybe even the Boogieman is real!" I widened my eyes and faked a gasp.

"Maybe he's real but he isn't even trying to scare kids," she said. "Maybe he just really likes to boogie."


0 comments :

Post a Comment