Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, January 01, 2010

My Husband Still Talks in His Sleep

Friday, January 01, 2010 By

Augusta, Ga. - My husband came to bed late, having been at a neighborhood block party for New Year's Eve.

Deep in the morning, dark outside, and all fireworks having ceased long ago, I heard him talking to someone.

"Mmhmm," he said. "Yeah."

I raised my head and looked around. There was no one in the room, apart from the three of us, and Emmie was fast asleep between us.

"Uh-huh," he said. His eyes were closed, but his face had an expression of polite interest.

"Honey?" I mumbled.

"No, that sounds great!" he said. "I'd love to try it."

I glared at him. I know it was New Year's Eve, but this is what happens when he drinks before bed. And I'm the one he keeps awake for half the night.

"No, I like sushi," he insisted to his invisible partner in conversation.

"No, you don't!" I exclaimed in disgust. "You hate sushi!

"No, really, I like it!" he insisted, a frown on his brow.

"Oh, shut up," I muttered, rolling back over to try to sleep.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments :

Post a Comment