Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Best Things in Life - Like Manners - Are Free

AUGUSTA, GA - So I've picked Emmie up @ her grandmother's house, and we're cruising through Jones Creek Golf Community jabbering to each other. We get to the 3-way stop by the lake, come to a complete stop a moment before red car at the street on my left, and start forward again at a crawl.

The red car, pulling an improperly lit trailer attachment, turns left in front of me, laying on his horn. I stop and let him pass, giving him a brief "honk u" in return. So the dude stops the car and gets out, yelling obscenities.

"Das not good," Emmie muttered.

Y'all know me: I rolled down my window, pointed my Blackberry at him, and said, "What was that, sir? I couldn't hear you." Even though everyone on the planet heard him acting like an ass.

He shouted, "I said you broke the law!" before beating a hasty retreat from the sound and sight of my camera flashing.

"What are you doing now, sir?" I asked.

This is that fool running away from my camera. Red car. Red shirt. No, he doesn't have anger-management issues...


Just to be clear, I HAD right of way. Being a rich asshole doesn't get you in front of people all the time. In a world filled with iniquity, traffic laws hold us all to the same standard.

License plate: AUY 6326

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments :

Post a Comment