Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, October 24, 2008

Psych!

Augusta, GA. -

A.W.: "Hey, Babes in Toyland is playing in Columbia. Do you want to go?"
Me: "Heck, yeah!"
A.W.: "They were about my favorite band back in the day."
Me: "Yeah? Did you listen to 7 Year Bitch, too?"
A.W.: "Oh, yeah. All those angry-girl bands that don't exist anymore."
Me: "No, Sarah McLachlan killed that movement."
A.W.: (laughs)
Me: "When are they playing?"
A.W.: "Dec. 21."
Me: "Oh. Nope. I'll be in Orlando."
A.W.: "Oh, god. Have fun with that."
Me: "I will!"

(Later...)

A.W.: "So I e-mailed Frank at Free-Times and asked him, 'Are Babes in Toyland really coming to Columbia?'" And he said, 'If you mean the Christmas cantata, then yes. If you mean the 90s post-punk riot grrl band, then no. But it's a benefit for the firefighters!'"



FYI: The band Katastrophy Wife features Kat Bjelland, formerly of B.I.T.

0 comments :

Post a Comment