Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, October 31, 2008

Corn Maze... Corn Maize... I Just Got that Pun.

Me: "Hey, Terri and I are taking the kids to Kackleberry Farm on Saturday. You wanna go with?"
A.C.: "What's Kackleberry Farms?"
Me: "It's like a giant corn maze and a petting zoo and... uh... stuff... Farmer stuff."
A.C.: "No, thanks. We're going to be in North Carolina for Jim's race."
Me: "Too bad. You'll miss all the kackleberries."
A.C.: "Uh, yeah."
Me: "Kackleberry pie... kackleberry jam... kackleberry lemonade..."
A.C.: "Gross!"
Me: "Jealous."

In theory, kackleberry is "an old Southern word for eggs." I've never heard that in my life, and I was born in Georgia and have lived in Georgia for 35 years. All of my family was born in the South and raised in the South. None of them have ever heard it. I think "kackleberry" is a new Southern word that takes advantage of the "quirky old South" oeuvre of marketing. Whatever. It's still a fun word to say. Try it. Kackleberry. See?

0 comments :

Post a Comment