Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, December 10, 2007

Angel, We Have Heard on High

"Hey, I was going through a pile of laundry and guess what I found?" A.W. asks me.
God, there's no telling. Cat poop? Diamonds? Jimmy Hoffa?
"What?" I ask warily.
"Your suitcase!" she laughs. "I swear I''ll get it back to you one day.
Dude, I loaned that thing to her about 8 months ago. And if I missed it, I'd be pissed. But it's just one more thing to try to close the closet door on. In fact, I'm thinking about tossing a piece of paper in a gift bag that says, "Stacey's Suitcase, get it from Alice" for the office gift swap this year. But it was a gift when I graduated high school, because everyone was so convinced that I was off to see the world. I guess Milledgeville is part of the world... Anyway...
"Meh, I don't care. I'll let you know if I need it," I say. "Oh, wait! I'm going to Atlanta!"
"Oh, I'll bring it back to you," she says.
"No, it's just for two days. I'm only messing with you."
"Two days? You can stick your stuff in a Wal-Mart bag for two days!" she laughs.
"Well, then I'd feel like I was at Angel's house for Christmas!"

Angel wasn't even sitting at her desk. The snappy comeback was totally wasted.

1 comments :

  1. "'Hey, I was going through a pile of laundry and guess what I found?' A.W. asks me."

    My guess would have been "seven more cats."

    ReplyDelete