Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Product Review: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile Liquid Soap

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 By


AUGUSTA, GA. - I shower and wash my hair every day, unless I'm sick. It's a necessity of life, with having the oily hair and skin I was gifted by genetics.

I have some favorite products that I use regularly. They generally have some similar characteristics:
1. Relatively inexpensive.
2. Really good at what they do.

Dr. Bronner's soaps are one of my all-time favorite products, and I've been using them since I was about 15 years old, off and on. They are made with organic oils, contain no detergents, are vegan, are certified Fair Trade, and are packaged in 100 percent post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic bottles. I don't know many other products I can buy that don't make me feel like I'm helping to destroy the planet for my daughter.

And if there's something you need to clean, these versatile soaps can do it: laundry, people, pets, dishes, surfaces, toilets. You can find posts online that tell you how to make inexpensive and effective cleaning solutions, like this one: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/12-great-ways-to-use-castile-soap.html.

The peppermint and tea tree soaps are my favorites, and are readily available at New Life Natural Foods, EarthFare, Whole Foods, and sometimes Publix. They smell so fresh, last forever, and really do what you expect them to do, which is to clean all the things.

Except... I do not use them as shampoo very often, because I haven't figured out a configuration that doesn't make my hair feel like hay. They are very strong and thus can be drying. So be sure to dilute with water and to moisturize.

Otherwise it is a very versatile, useful, affordable product. And while it might not work as shampoo, you know those commercials in the 80s and 90s that said, "Hey, ladies, do you ever get that not-so-fresh feeling?" Well, there is nothing fresher than peppermint ladybits!

Sorry, Mentos. Dr. Bronner's is The Freshmaker.



0 comments :

Post a Comment