Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Meeting etiquette: The smart-ass friends edition

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 By No comments

"I just had a two-hour meeting, the result of which was that we decided to hold a five-hour meeting next week."

"My meetings last about five minutes before the boss gets distracted by something shiny and I have the threaten to punch him in the face."

"My meetings never end and nothing ever gets done. Then I go back to my desk and I have to staple my hand just to refocus."

"At least you have meetings. Most of the time I just do my job with the knowledge that the boss isn't 100 percent sure what he's paying me for, and I'm not 100 percent sure that I can tell him why it's important that I do it."

"I miss meetings. I tried to have them with my kids, but they insisted on bringing their stuffed animals."

"I'd like to schedule a meeting with you about your meetings. When can we meet?"

Well, I suppose we all have our professional challenges.


0 comments :

Post a Comment