Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yeah, Why is That, Daddy?

AUGUSTA, GA. - After a morning working with the First Saturday Crew and a quick bath, Scott walked into the living room wearing the outfit that makes me want to sue the Dickies company for alienation of affection: a khaki one-suit that is at least a size - if not two - too big for him.

"Really?" I ask, looking pointedly at the jumpsuit.
"What?"

"Honey, that's appropriate for working at the canal. Not for shopping downtown," I say, trying to inject humor into a situation that makes me - shallowly - want to scream.
"But it's comfortable," he replies.

I sigh. There's no point in talking to him about it. He adores the thing.

"DADDYDADDYDADDYDADDY!" Emmie shrieks repeatedly, her new (and very effective) method for getting our attention.
"What, honey?"
"Why doze pants and shirt all togedder?" she asks, head cocked to the side.
I can't help but laugh - hard!

If looks could kill... but at least I'd die RIGHT.

0 comments :

Post a Comment