Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Panic at the Pantry

AUGUSTA, GA. - Some nights when I get home, I open the cabinet doors... and close them again. I check the freezer... and then the fridge... what was I thinking at the grocery store?! Can I get away with making cranberry muffin chicken pie? Perhaps some soy and ginger cake? Nothing seems to fit together, and recipe sites like epicurious and allrecipes took so long to scroll through. Half of their suggestions had more ingredients (or took more time, I need dinner now! I can't marinate for 24 hours!) than I had. In frustration, I googled ingredient list recipe match and discovered there is actually a site called Recipe Matcher. Of course, it has its limitations. If all you have in your house IS actually cranberry muffin mix and chicken, you should have the Chinese food delivery on speed dial. But if you have a few more ingredients, or you're looking for new combinations for more of the same ingredients you always have, this is a fun resource.

0 comments :

Post a Comment