Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Enough with the blogthings

So I’m aware that all my postings are stupid quizzes. Not too interesting, I know. But it’s all I’ve had time for and don’t go pretending that you give a crap about my life! Sycophants!

Anyway, my days have been like this:
-wake up - daughter whining
-feed daughter - daughter whining
-play with daughter - daughter laughing
-put daughter down to go pee - daughter crying
-come back (did I wipe?) - daughter whining
-put daughter in swing to check email and get started on 60-page freelance job I took writing about property law as it related to squatter’s rights (what the fuck was I thinking?!) - daughter whining
-dangle succession of toys in front of her - daughter squirmy happy
-turn back to computer after picking one that makes her happy - daughter whiny
-give up after an hour of repeating the last two and try to make something to eat - daughter screamy
-bang head against wall - daughter laughing
-give up trying to get something to eat and pour a big glass of Diet Coke (aaaahhhh. breakfast of champions)
-play with daughter some more - daughter laughing
-continue until daughter begins rubbing her eyes, try to put her down for a nap.

and basically I repeat this until she goes to sleep, and I use those times do frantic document searches online. My first deadline is tonight, and I’m blogging instead, because I’m SO NOT GOING TO MEET IT ANYWAY!

If I don’t get a regular job soon, I’m going to cry.

0 comments :

Post a Comment