Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thrift Store Lovin'

Saturday, March 27, 2010 By

Augusta, Ga. - Walking back from lunch at Blue Sky Kitchen, we passed a new thrift store called Once Again on the 800 Block of Broad Street. I spied a neatly organized children's section and found four or five well-cared-for pieces for Emerson.

"Look, Doodle," I said to Emerson when I picked her up, and held up a T-shirt. She gasped and screamed.

"Iss YOGABBAGABBA!" She danced around in a circle.

Dude. It's a $1 T-shirt.

"I goeend ta wear dis EBRY DAY," she declared, clutching it to her chest. "An EBRY morneen you goeend put it on da chair, an' if I don't see it, I goeend say, 'Mommmeeeee!' An' den you goeend get da T-shirt an' I goeend wear it. I goeend ta wear it EBRY DAY, Mama! I'm SERIOUS."

"Um... Okay," I agree. "Unless it's dirty, and then we have to wash it."

"YES," she agreed. "But - OOOOOH, I'm so ett-SITED!"

Um... It's a shirt?

"And dank you SO MUCH, Mama. You berry sweet to buy dis Yo Gabba Gabba shirt for me."

(Laughing silently) "You're very welcome, darling. Mommy loves you, and I'm very glad you like the shirt."

She squeals and laughs, but suddenly her brow furrows.

"Mama?" She asks quietly. "Was it berry 'spensable?"

I grin: "No, darling."

"But... how many dollars and moneys was it?"

"Just one."

"What?! Das AWESOME! Can we go to dis store all da time?!"

"Yep. I think we can manage that."

Side note: We also got a Paas Easter Egg-making kit for 50 cents!

0 comments :

Post a Comment