Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Steve

Thursday, December 22, 2005 By , No comments

It’s our first Christmas Day with Emerson, and we’ve already had a month-long argument with Scott’s mom about how we’re going to spend it. She actually was MAD at me because I wouldn’t let her have Emerson Christmas Eve. I was like, “She’s our daughter. Can we have one normal family Christmas morning with her?”

She also was inviting us to go to Christmas Eve candlelight service at [her church]. Oops, I meant to say that she was DEMANDING we go. Scott’s conversion to Hinduism has made her all kinds of religious. Now she claims that she goes to church “EVERY Sunday,” which is bullshit. Anyway, our conversation went like this...

“Chris and Allison and Vivian and Jacob are going with us, so we would LOVE it if you and Scott and Emerson would come.”

“Oh, no, thank you, Patsy. I don’t think Scott’s in a particularly churchy mood right now.”

“Well, it’s going to be beautiful.”

“I’m sure it will. Ya’ll have a good time.”

“Well, can we just take Emerson?”

“We’d like to spend the holiday with her.”

“Why don’t ya’ll bring her with you?”

“No, thank you, Patsy. Ya’ll enjoy the service.”

“I just want you to see the inside of the church. It’s such a beautiful church!”

“I’ve seen it before. It’s lovely.”

“Oh, have you been inside it?”

“Yes, Patsy, I don’t burst into flames on the doorstep!”

0 comments :

Post a Comment