Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, November 14, 2005

Tagged

Monday, November 14, 2005 By , No comments

One of our cars hasn’t worked in a while, and we only just today were able to get it fixed. But we can’t drive it from the repair lot until we update the tag. The car is not at the house.

Me: “Did we pay the tag last year?”
Scott: “I called them for the VIN.”
Me: “No, but did we pay last year? I think we did.”
Scott: “I don’t think the car was working then.”
Me: “Yeah, but we might have paid it. I’m going to go down and check.”
Scott: “Do you have the tag?”
Me: “What? No, I’m going to go see what the last year was that we paid the taxes.”

There is a moment of silence while Scott looks at me, confused. “Ugh!” I think. “How hard is this to understand?” Then it hits me that the car is not here. I return to my chair, cackling.

Me: Wooooo! That was hella stupid.
Scott’s covering his eyes, laughing at me. Deservedly. I laugh harder.
Me: “That was awesome! It was so dumb!”
Scott: “I’m just enjoying this. You almost never do this.”

Ha. If he only knew.

0 comments :

Post a Comment