Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, September 27, 2004

Trapped

Monday, September 27, 2004 By , No comments

So, we got this new cafe table/chair set to go in the kitchen, because the washer/dryer take up too much space for the big wooden bench and table. I’m sitting in one of the chairs, doing the crossword, when Scrabble bolts out the back door. I start to get up.


“I’ll get him!” Scott calls as he dashes out after him - and suddenly I find myself struggling to keep my balance.

I let out a yelp as I almost fall down. I try to get up again, only to realize that my belt loop had somehow gotten entangled in the scrollwork on the metal chairback. I tried to free myself, but I couldn’t see or feel how it was tangled. I was trapped in the chair, and it was too heavy to stand up.

I sat there, alone and feeling pretty goddamn retarded, until Scott came trotting back in with Scrabble.
“Here we are! Bad dog!” he said, and put the dog down on the linoleum floor. He smiled at me. I struggled to get up.

“Um, honey... I’m stuck,” I said. He burst into laughter, and untangled the belt loop as we both laughed.

“That’s going in my journal!” He crowed. “That’s too hysterical.”

“I was afraid you were going to hop in the car and go to the store,” I said. That made him laugh harder.

“I heard you yelp, but I thought you were just saying ‘thank you,’” he said.

“Yeah. Thank you.”

0 comments :

Post a Comment